We proudly turn a 'Good Wrench'!
A large part of our clientele in Olathe, KS drive vehicles manufactured under the GM banner. It is no surprise that our auto technicians provide top-quality service and repair on every Cadillac, Chevy, GMC or Buick that comes to our shop.
What makes our shop an excellent choice for servicing your GM-made car or truck?
First of all, your GM warranty is safe here.
Our customers never have to worry about their GM factory warranty on the work we do. The parts we use when repairing GM vehicles are top-quality, and our staff has the equipment required to perform all the maintenance while maintaining the GM factory warranty.
- We use only quality parts.
- Our staff of auto technicians is experienced, skilled, and expertly trained.
- The work we do on GM cars and trucks is covered under warranty.
- We are highly-rated by our customers.
- We are highly-rated by the BBB of greater KC.
- We're Olathe's AAA Approved Auto Service Center.
- We are covered by NAPA's warranty.
- We provide excellent service.
- We get the job done right the first time - guaranteed!
See our Service and Information Page for your specific brand:
We're ready! Are you? As a family-owned and operated small business, we take pride in building "Customers for Life" and we look forward to helping you maintain your vehicle. If you have questions, call 913-393-0700 or email us here.
Location: Smith Specialty Automotive is located at 310 N. Lindenwood Dr.. in Olathe, Kansas 66062 and here is a map with directions.
Questions? Call Bill (service advisor) at (913) 393-0700.
General Motors Fun Facts:
- From Horse Power to . . . Horse Power! General Motors was founded by William C. Durant in 1908. Starting Capital: $2,000. Durant was the owner of Durant-Dort Carriage Company, the largest U.S. carriage-manufacturer (producing over 100,000 horse-drawn carriages per year).
- Durant increased the GM brand by purchasing the Buick, Cadillac, Oldsmobile and and Oakland companies (Oakland became Pontiac).
- Control Issues: Durant lost control of General Motors after two years, regained control six years after that - and then lost the company for good four years later. GM is now a publicly traded company (with over 610,500,000 shares outstanding).
- The Lunar Rover was manufactured by GM (and first used for the Apollo 15 mission).
- GM cars and trucks are the top-selling foreign-made vehicles in China (they just love Buicks!).
Leaders via invention and innovation:
General Motors has an impressive track record of technological invention and innovation.
- The Cadillac had the first V8 engine - ever (1914).
- GM (who owned Frigidaire) invented the first residential air conditioner.
- Built the first-ever fully automatic transmission (1939).
- First auto-manufacturer to make turn signals standard on its cars (also 1939).
- GM built the first hydrogen fuel cell car in 1966 (the 'Electrovan').
- In 1972, General Motors rolled out the World's first anti-lock brake system (ABS).
- In 1979, GM built the World's first electronic fuel injection.
Core General Motors Divisions - Current Info and Models
- See our page for information on Cadillac vehicles here.
- See our page for information on Chevrolet vehicles here.
- See our page for information on Buick vehicles here.
- See our page for information on GMC vehicles here.
See also, service pages for GM's discontinued marques:
General Motors Info (Downloads and Links)
- Complete list of Chevy Models classic and current (download PDF here).
- Complete list of Cadillac Models classic and current (download PDF here).
- Complete list of Buick Models classic and current (download PDF here).
- Complete list of GMC Models classic and current (download PDF here).
- General Motors (website link)