Tuesday's Gone With The Wind - But We'll Service Mercury until the end.
Although the Mercury brand was phased out by Ford Motor Co. in 2011 (The final Mercury Grand Marquis rolled off the assembly line on Jan 4, 2011), Mercury owners still need a reliable service shop to maintain their vehicle. If you live in or near Olathe, KS - then finding a certified repair shop for your Mercury car/truck is no problem. Smith Specialty Automotive has provided excellent service for this marque of high-performance and entry-level luxury vehicles.
Mercury was Ford Motor Company's 'tweener' brand between the Ford and Lincoln line-ups. In its various phases Mercury carried an identity crisis along for the ride - sometimes billed as the next level in high-performance from Ford models - and largely considered the entry-level marque for those wishing to drive a luxury vehicle.
As quality-manufactured, American-made vehicles - ones sandwiched between high-performance and luxury brands - we can appreciate the passion and loyalty of Mercury enthusiasts. We're here to help service your beloved Mercury - whether you drive a late-model Grand Marquis, Mountaineer or other 'soon-to-be classic' model - your car still needs proper service and maintenance.
Our Mercury customers do not have to worry about the factory warranty, as the parts used by our shop are top-quality, and because our staff has the required skills and equipment to maintain your Mercury factory warranty.
Ready to have your Mercury serviced by experts?
- Our service center is conveniently located just NE of I-35 and Santa Fe at 310 N. Lindenwood Dr., Olathe, KS.
- Our staff are ready to go to work for you.
- Schedule an appointment today by filling out our service appointment online form here, or
- Call Bill at (913) 393-0700.
Fun Facts: Edsel Ford (Henry Ford's son) directed the Ford Motor Company's launch of the Mercury marque in 1938. Other fun facts:
- 'In the Trunk': The 1996 Mercury Sable featured a unique anti-theft innovation: aside from the faceplate, the location of the car's radio was moved to the trunk.
- The Mercury brand was named after Roman Mythology's 'Messenger of the Gods'.
Current Mercury Models
- N/A (Ford Motor Company discontinued production of all Mercury models by 2011).
Recent Mercury Models (through 2011)
- Cougar (Eighth Generation: 1999–2002)
- Grand Marquis (Third Generation: 1998–2002),
- Marauder (Third Generation: 2003–2004),
- Mariner (2005–2011),
- Milan (2006–2011),
- Montego (1968–1976),
- Monterey (2004–2007),
- Mountaineer (1997–2010),
- Mystique (1995–2000),
- Sable (1985–2005, 2008–2009),
- Tracer (1988–1999),
- Villager (1993–2002).
List of All Models (Recently Discontinued and Classic Models):
To see a full list of Mercury models recent and classic, click here for the PDF version of the list.
Mercury Info (Downloads and Links)
- Complete list of Mercury Models classic and recent (download PDF here).
- Mercury (website link)